Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] P Plate Laws..

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Shiftt, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. Just curious to know.. once you Get your P's on your bike, does it mean you cant ride a bike over 260cc for the 12 months while on the P's?
    Just wondering as a few people have told me other wise.

  2. Restrictions only apply for a new licence (P or full) for the first 12 months.
    So you will have it for the first year (260cc).
    After that, depending on your age. You still may need to use your P plate, but the restrictions no longer apply.