Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC/NSW] Merrimbula O/nighter, July 2nd '05

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Sir Skuffy, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, here is the meeting point for the Melbourne Departure leg of the ride this weekend.

Remember, we are leaving at 8:00am, so be there by 7:30ish so as to introduce everyone, get fuel, coffee and discuss the ride, direction and pass out maps.......

Route Maps are complete and can be forwarded to those wishing to come along. Simple email me at my_gsx1400@yahoo.com.au and I will forward detailed maps, kindly provided by Rob.
    Attendees so far:
    rc36honda - 100%
    hornet600 - 100%
    Matt232 - 100%
    Raffiki - 100%
    Bladewar - 100%

Lids - maybe - 80%
    Jarrah - 100%
    Phanoogy - 100%
    Cowboy - 100%

Androo - 80%
    Mouth - 50%
    RaZ - 80%
    Sobil - 100%
    Buckets - meet us at Bruthen - 100%
    Kaos - 100%
    Sandman - 100%

Myself - 5% :LOL:

Now, the rules to responding to this post are simple.
    1. If you are not interested in coming along, dont be a flippin Richard Head and complain about the road or something retarded :eek:
    2. Constructive critisism accepted and appreciated :)
    3. Smart arse comments from the safety of a key-board and internet feed are the cowards way out :twisted:
    4. If you want to be a tosser, do it face to face, always worth a laugh then :LOL:
    5. We will not be stopping 100 times for a smoke, so start bum exercises now.
    6. We will stop at Lakes Entrance for coffee, break and fuel and then run through to Merimbula
    7. Leaving Geelong at 6:30am and meeting point somewhere on the otherside of Melbourne for an 8:00am departure. Meeting point South Bank Coffee

Route 1The most direct, staying away from main highways with plenty of fun roads. Total time about 7.5 hours, 620km
    http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/my_gsx1400/my_photos This is the most likely route

Route 2Less direct, more challenging and fun roads. Total trip time is about 8.5 hours and about 700km

Let me know if you are interested.

Sapphire Valley Caravan Park
    $90/night for a 4 person Cabin
    2 cabins required
    Linen, kitchen, TV, etc....
    300m from the pubs and clubs

This is not an organised ride. Those attending this gathering of friends do so at their own risk. Any incidents or accidents that occur over the weekend are not my responsibility......

2. Oh, by the way, jokes, fun and farting around are completely accepted..... :LOL: :LOL:
  3. yeah put me down but remind me close to the day as i'll forget ;)...
  4. Like the first post ? ::LOL: :LOL: :p
    What's the route to get there? 1,100km return over 2 days during middle of winter would have to have a damn good route to get me out of bed :)
  5. OK, now I am scared.... :shock: I hope a Moderator changed the title and put in the dates as I did not do it :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Anyway, whoever did it, thanks :)
  6. Hey Mouth, it was you :LOL:

Ok, yes, a good ROUTE is always worth getting INTO bed for, not out of. If I get a bad ROUTE, then I will leave even earlier... :LOL: :LOL:

So, does this mean your coming to my place friday night :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Nope. From all accounts, that is a very bad ROUTE. Maybe it has somethign to do with your really small COMPASS ? :LOL:
  8. Ahhhh, Mouth, now I understand why you profile name is MOUTH :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Sounds unteresting. Might be worth riding down from Wollongong and meeting you guys there, then I can see the sort of dingbats I've been talking to face to face...then again, that is probably too scary to even contemplate.
  10. Hey rc36.

That would be great. The more the merrier....
  11. yeah your iq will probably drop a few points after spending a weekend near us, or me anyway :LOL:
  12. But if you look at it the other way, my attending should RAISE the collective IQ of the gathering considerably, so you should be grateful I'm considering it!!!
  13. What is the latest that you would need to know by? Sounds interesting, but I won't have a clue about that weekend until about 1-1.5 weeks before.
  14. Hey Boz, sheesh, been a while sicne I have seen you. how are you?

I think I am still full from that breakfast in Bright.

Mid June I will need to get numbers sorted. But, given that it is in July, Winter, there will be ample accommodation. The caravan parks are about 5 minute walk to the centre of town.

Glad to have you aboard.
  15. Life is good with no complaints! I am definitely interested, and I will give my 100% assurance once I know. Right now I am probably about 75% sure...
  16. Toooo late Boz, you are already on the list..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now you have to make it
  17. Re: Merrimbula O/nighter - July 2nd/3rd

Great, just f*&king Great!!!!! Thanks Skuffy!!! I'm not bringing "the outfit" with me now even though you have shaved your moustache.

Guess you'll just have to make a selection from the "locals" that night.
  18. DUDE, that is so fcuking funny... Well done Matt
  19. OK, we have 8 at the moment. 6 are 100% and 2 are maybe's.

Accommodation has been identified, refer to initial post

It works out to $25/person for the night and includes all linen.

So, I need to know if it is 8 of us or more. Will need to know by the end of the week.

20. Come on people, it will be fun fun fun.

7 riding from melbourne and 1 from Wollongong. Hey, rc36, do you think any of your mates would want to come along? We could get three cabins and have a total of 12 of us.

Let me know people as I will book/lock it in friday this week.

Girls, you are MORE THAN WELCOME as there are three bunks and 1 queen size bed in each room... I have one of the queen beds.. :twisted: 8)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.