Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] Northwest Scenic Ride, Thu 28 Dec

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Sir Ride Alot, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Very short notice.

Meet at the Epping Mobil Service Station at the corner of High and Cooper sts at 9:00am for a 9:30am departure.

The purpose of the ride is to explore some of the Northwest roads in an effort to locate some new routes. There may be a few wrong turns. :shock:

The route will take us through Wallan, Romsey, Mia Mia, Bendigo, Inglewood, Avoca, Daylesford, Mt Macedon, Clarkefield, Bulla, Epping.

Total distance is approximately 570 kms and should take 7 to 8 hours to complete.

This is an unofficial ride and as always the pace will be comfortable as thats all the 250 will allow.
  2. argh... screw u all... :mad: wish I didn't have to work this week... missing so many good rides & sleeping in :tantrum:
  3. bugga if only id seen this a few hours ago!
  4. Sorry I missed this one Sir Ride Alot. I hope you had a good ride and some company. VERY short notice!
  5. if anyone else wants to go riding today... shoot me a pm. probably heading off in an hour.
  6. Sounds like that could have been a good ride!!!!! Warm up for the 4 days off to follow.. weee!

Had to work, so I missed out :cry:
  7. Howdy Guys,

You would all be glad this one was missed. It was mainly long boring straight roads. Occasionally a bend would pop up and scare the living daylights out of me.

The ride was a solo effort and from Epping to Lake Eppalock was pretty good. From Bendigo to just outside of Daylesford via Inglewood, Avoca and Creswick was mainly long straight back roads with the odd good section here and there. Got lost a couple of times and could have sworn I saw a "Mississippi - 10 miles" sign. Whilst riding these long godforsaken roads I was even toying with the idea of where on the handle bars to place the portable DVD player. Daylesford, Macedon back to Epping was OK.

I will do some more research with different roads to see if the good bits can be connected. May be some opportunities further west.
  8. Indeed there is - plenty of great roads to be found around the Grampians region, even some nice ones around Harcourt (south of Bendigo). Hopefully next time you're headed out west I might be able to join you (need more than a few hours notice though :LOL:).
  9. jd sounds like a plan. Will definately need assistance with working out a route that flows.
  10. Can be tricky avoiding flat, straight, boring stretches of road out this way - don't know why road planners don't chuck a few corners in just for the fun of it :LOL:. Still I do have a reasonable knowledge of most roads within a 100km radius of Ballarat so if you need help planning a route I'm happy to help.
  11. jd. Many thanks.