Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Music Gear, Tannoy speakers, bass guitar *updated*

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by MV, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok folks, it's time for a new bass rig so the old stuffs gotta go!

For Sale we have 1 X Warwick Rockbass Corvette bass guitar standard. In ok condition, black stain finish, some dings, very good sounding learner bass. Comes with a hard case in pretty bad condition. Looking for $450, $350 for a fellow Netrider

1 x 15" Peavey Black Widow, in old Kotzah box, tuned very nicely, 600 watts RMS power, kicks very well with a 4 x 10". $300.

Pair of Tannoy HPD385 Studio Monitors (also make killer HI-FI :cool:), dual concentric in Bass reflex box with concrete baffle, very heavy. These are vintage, if you don't know about them, do some googling, they have been used in the Abbey road studios where the Beatles recorded, & are still used today. Box is a bit shabby, as are the grills, still sound great though. Asking $3500, put willing to take $3200 from a Netrider. PM for details on these, they come with a warranty.

Wharfedale active crossover, 2 way stereo, 3 way mono, very handy.
    $100.

Samson Wireless System, Rack Mounted with 2 transmitters (1's a spare)
    Cost over $700 new with rackmounting hardware, basically brand new. For guitar or bass, $500 even. (Might keep this yet, undecided :? )

Aphex Bass Xciter, makes your bass big n phat, combines the Aphex Aural Xciter with the Big Bottom Cicuitry in stomp box form, very cool toy.
    $200.

I'll get some pics up soon, all the gear will be viewable at work in Port Melbourne, PM for the details. You can hear the Tannoys & bass gear going.

:grin:

2. I'd love to buy the Tannoys - just out of my price range atm :(

I remember I once blew up a set of $20k Tannoy Studio Monitors (when I was a student engineer) by playing around with a kick drum and an 8 band parametric EQ :LOL:

Wasn't funny at the time though... ;)

3. Good one Dougz, if you blow any more Tannoys up I know someone who can fix them :wink:

Ok: Everything's going up on an online auction website at midday tomorrow, so they're no longer for sale!

4. did by any chance the bass not sell? i'm looking for a good beginner one :LOL: aka cheaper

5. Sorry mate, long gone! If you keep your eye out on eBay you should find something. Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.