Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] Mt Dandenong worth a trip before the weather turns..

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by lotus7, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Took the gixxer up Mt Dande yesterday afternoon, somewhat dissapointed to only see a single other bike in the few hours I spent tooling about. Anyone who likes the mountain id suggest get yourself up there now:
    * The roads are dry even in the dark corners
    * The trees have not dropped their slippery leaves yet
    * Its cool enough to wear full leathers without being cold.

Pretty soon there will be leaves piled up in the corners, or worse, wet leaves making it a far less enjoyable area to travel.

I had an awesome ride - beautiful spot. Maybe should do a coffee trip up at Sky High some time...

Found a new fun road - the Belgrave/Ferny Ck rd. heading south of Mt Dandenong rd. This is one STEEP road right down the mountain! There are points where you really lean way back to maintain your balance under brakes. Follow the signs towards Narrewarren and there are some very nice wide sweepers going through the hills. Good for an explore.

2. That other rider wasn't on mountain hwy when you saw them was it?

3. I did see a bike on Mountain Hwy - part I would not count as "on the Mountain". Turned off in a northly direction and popped a mono before I could get a good look to see the bike.

The bike I saw up the mountain was near Olinda on the Mount Dandenong Tourist rd..