Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Movie: "The Departed", Southland, Thu Oct 26

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Added to Calendar by: Tessa

Hi all,

We havn't had a movie session in a while and I want to go and see The Departed. I think this is finally a good movie I can go and watch!!!

Southland (on Nepean Hwy)
    Meet at 6pm to buy tickets, then dinner and the movie :)
    I hope you can...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. I thought it's about time for a movie session, so who's up for it? We could even go for a ride after. What a fun filled evening :grin:

Here's a description of the movie:
    The Departed is set in South Boston where the state police force is waging war on organised crime. Young undercover cop Billy Costigan (Leonardo DiCaprio) is assigned to infiltrate the mob syndicate run by gangland chief Costello (Jack Nicholson). While Billy is quickly gaining Costello's confidence, Colin Sullivan (Matt Damon), a hardened young criminal who has infiltrated the police department as an informer for the syndicate, is rising to a position of power in the Special Investigation Unit.
    Each man becomes deeply consumed by his double life, gathering information about the plans and counter-plans of the operations he has penetrated. But when it becomes clear to both the gangsters and the police that there's a mole in their midst, Billy and Colin are suddenly in danger of being caught and exposed to the enemy - and each must race to uncover the identity of the other man in time to save himself.

P.S. I apologize if this infringes on the usual Thursday night meet and ride :grin:
  3. I went to watch this movie on saturday,
    yeah it was good, but I didn't realise it was a knock off of a famous hong kong movie "infernal affairs" made in 2002, so that sort of spoilt it for me as I knew what was going to happen.

It was interesting to see the infernal affairs trilogy compressed into one movie. I guess this is a good thing as the first movie was fantastic, the 2nd was medeoker, and the 3rd was just bad!
  4. Aah.. so that's what it is, the entire trioligy compressed. I had doubts about watching this movie because I liked the grit of Infernal Affairs better, and I didn't want that "Hollywoodized" but in any case, I may or may not be there. :p
  5. Aah.. so that's what it is, the entire trioligy compressed. I had doubts about watching this movie because I liked the grit of Infernal Affairs better, and I didn't want that "Hollywoodized" but in any case, I may or may not be there. :p
  6. Go watch it!!! Saw it over the weekend and would have to be one of the best films i've seen in a while.

Look out for the black G later on in the movie.............the guys will know what im talking about.
  7. black swan!!! hahaha. nice work rom.

a mate saw this on the weekend and said it was awesome. might try and make it to this.. have to see closer to the date.
  8. Top movie guys, saw it on Sunday with a friend.
  9. So is anyone coming to this besides me ? :oops:

Lots of you have already seen this one, so if there is popular consensus I'm happy to see another film. We can debate it over dinner,

now who said they were bringing the candles? :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. Well l haven't seen it yet and would like to, so you can count me in.

11. The best movie in the whole world.
  12. It's a great film, disappointing that infernal affairs isn't credited anywhere.

It's easier to understand than the HK version because the characters don't all look the same.... (ducks for cover :grin: :grin: OW!)
  13. Decaprio breaks his thumb the same was as i did!!! LOLZ
  14. DiCaprio's awesome in that flick. Actually, EVERYONE is awesome.

Needs more boobs though.
  15. I don't think there are any films that could possibly ever have enough boobies for you are there? :p :grin:
  16. There was one, once.

It was about vampires with boobies.

17. Hi all, I'll be there at six, although I'll be bikeless :cry: need an oil change, my baby's all clunky :cry:
    I havn't been to the movies in ages! For those going we'll be meeting outside TGI's
    :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
  18. Hi Tess, I'm thinking about coming down tonight but so far it looks like just you, matt and some candles :roses: wouldn't want to spoil the mood :LOL:

Would be coming straight from work so no bike either... :(

19. I'm surprised people are raving about this movie. I found it slow and did not bring anything new to the genre. The acting was great however.
    Saw Children of Men yesterday and found it much more entertaining.
  20. Thats ok trickyd, you can bring the flowers and champaigne :grin: