Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Mountain Hwy 24/09

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by roh, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Lots of oil/diesel on the Mountain Hwy between The Basin and Sassafras.

There is one particularly large spill between the roundabout in The Basin and Claremont Ave (first left heading up the mountain).

Ask me how I know :(

2. Bummer dude. People leaving oil / diesel / boxes / glass / nails on the road is the height of rudeness and inconsiderate behaviour.

Hope there was no serious damage to you and the bike.

Have you considered giving VicRoads a call and reporting the hazard? I think this legally obliges them to clear it up.
  3. I came through there around 5.30pm and didn't notice anything, maybe they've already cleaned it up.
    I only go as far as Claremont though so dunno about further up.
  4. Yep, reported the hazard to Vicroads. They said they'd get on to it straight away.

Damage to me - bruised hip

Damage to bike - two indicators, tail light, head light glass, mirror, misaligned forks (might be bent - haven't had the time/desire to check yet). Hard to source parts for too - anyone have a cheap z200 lying about?

Anyway, as Urban has said the moment has passed. Either it was cleaned up or the road is dry enough for it not to be a problem.

Be careful out there kids - I knew the road would be greasy and I was travelling at a snail's pace, but when there ain't no traction there just ain't no traction.
  5. Sorry to hear roh
    Frustrating that people can lubricate the roads like that, with high probability of causing others to have an accident, and there's nothing that can be done about it.
    Good on Vicroads for getting it cleaned up quickly after the report.