Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Motocops - They're up to something.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by grue, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's clearly treachery afoot. In a slip of judgment, I gave the nod to a cop… and he nodded back :-s

2. Hmm lucky you didn't get a ticket! you're supposed to be staring at your speedo not looking around!
  3. Grue; what's the point of this thread?
  4. Nodding.

Myself, I won't nod to other riders unless...
  5. Well, you started it!
  6. I always get a return nod from cops, or they nod first.
  7. Dont sweat it grue, maybe mrs plod put out the night before and he was feeling happy.

Maybe you got some the previous night and he read your thoughts.....

perhaps a tin foil lining for your helmet is in order.......

8. this is a great thread so far
  9. It helped my boredom?
  10. Maybe he got away with riding with the baton up his ass and felt so gay-happy despite riding in uniform that he had the confidence to nod at you?
  11. Im curious about OH&S with cops on bikes. If a cop gets out of a car to write you a ticket, they have to wear a high vis vest. If they dont and you have a photo of it, you can report them to the OH&S peeps and they are instantly liable (and they are pretty strict about giving them out too) for an $800 personal fine.
    Not many cops ive seen with high vis vests on :p.

Wonder if the same is true of the ones on bikes... surely it would be when they pull over to ticket you, but i wonder if they are meant to have one on while riding... would make spotting them somewhat easier ;).
  12. shhhhh they will make us all wear one if they have too
  13. Go to Queensland where they ride around in short sleeved shirts in summer

I can just see that up there - cops in shirtsleeves and hi-vis vests... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.