Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] More bloody WRB's!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by agro, Feb 25, 2009.

1. I've been travelling along the Tooradin - Baxter road in recent weeks and I'm stunned by the amount of wire rope barriers that have been erected. Seems to have been their mission to put it in front of even the slightest bit of bush and scrub along this section of road (between the Warneet turnoff and Pearcedale)....Talk about overkill!

There's something really wrong here when we're forced to pay the TAC levy to supposedly make roads more motorcycle friendly, and Vicroads & Co just continue to put up wire rope barriers willy nilly...... :mad:
  2. Judging by the lack of comments, am I correct in saying that no one gives a sh*t about the proliferation of these barriers on our roads?

The Austroads Guide to Traffic Engineering Practice – Part 15 Motorcycle Safety states:
    From what I've seen along this road, (and others) this appears to be being ignored..... :mad: