Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[vic] Meeniyan-promontory Rd & South Gippsland Hwy

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Skinn, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I've just come back from the prom and the condition of the Meeniyan-Promontory rd is appaling.
    Plenty of potholes dotted along the road, on corners and some spanning the entire width of the city-bound lane.

If you're riding to the prom or along this route, the poor conditions begin on the South Gippsland Hwy from Leongatha all the way to the prom. The city-bound lane is noticeably poorer.

Take it easy.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Seems to be a common theme around Bass Coast/South Gippsland shires these days......friggen hopeless roads around here now
  3. Thank's for posting that up mate, I got down to the Prom on GP weekend and the road was chewed up badly, I should have written it up, glad not everybody is as slack as me.
  4. I can remember a lot of the roads down there from before they were sealed, and it looks like they're reverting in many places to the old sandholes that would appear out of nowhere (till somebody put a stick in them to let people know they were there). Think that as suggested, it's symptomatic of what you get when your idea of maintenance is to just put a warning sign out.