Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic]M'cycle Wedding, Sat 11th March - GWR attempt Cancelled

Discussion in 'VIC' started by hornet, Oct 29, 2005.

1. For those of you contemplating using a number of motorcycles in a celebration of some sort, unless you can match this, don't even think of trying to create a record.

Motorcycle enthusiasts Peter Schmidl and Anna Turcekov√° had a wedding procession of 597 motorcycles when they tied the knot in Bratislava, Slovakia, on May 6, 2000.

Where was Jason with his Netrider cards, I ask myself??!!! :LOL:

2. If Amanda and myself weren't aiming for a low budget wedding, it would be tempting to try and beat it. (just think about the cost of feeding 600motorcyclists as well as pillions and all the family members)

3. Well, there are 2500 members in Netrider............
  4. Paul,

We have agreed on having her arrive on a trike. (still working on if she has to have white leathers or not).
    I've also been allowed to choose the destination for the honeymoon, so Isle of Mann TT it is. (so far the only reason i've really wanted to travel overseas). I will run the idea of having the biggest bike procession for our wedding past her, but I can't guarantee anything.

p.s. Are you offering to organise all the riders?

Sativa strains
  5. Hey, why not????? I'm sure you'll get knocked down with offers!
  6. Yeah could get enough people to do the ride only. I am sure we would all love to help out, it would look great.. if people want to join in the celebrations charge an entry fee or something..
  7. If you are serious Nick, let me know.

If it's bikes you want, it's bikes you'll get :)
  8. What the heck, let's have a crack at that record, it's stood since 2000, it's due to be broken, and it might as well be by us!!
  9. where/when is the wedding FZR600?

some of us interstater-over the water types will need some time.

10. look out, there is going to be record broken i think.. 8) 8)
  11. I say we attempt it.

Lets get the media involved and spread the word far and wide.
    600 bike shouldnt be too hard.

We'll just say that the MRAA is going to publicly execute a member that wears brown leathers.

Be dead easy to get 60000000000000000 bikes then :D:D:D:D:D
  12. I'm in. Should be able to drag a couple of riding buddies along, who can probably drag a couple of their riding buddies along too. 600 should be a piece of piss!

13. well count me in cos im getting married next year in AUGUST and was planning to post it up,but i was tooooooo scared
  14. Nick, this is getting serious. We need the date, time, location etc, and this is going to happen.

I wonder if you might have a favourite charity that we can link in with it; it would be a fabulous piece of great publicity for motorcycling. Not to mention making your special day bigger than Ben Hur! And think of the pictures of you and your bride on TV and in the magazines, pffft who needs a Royal Wedding???

(hope you've mentioned this to the lady in question??)
  15. yeah thats a good idea that you run it by your wife to be.. :LOL: :LOL:
  16. This could be bigger than OFARC!!!!!

17. What??????

Since when do the brides get a say in the weddings?

*ouch* ok, ok, sorry dear, yes dear, i'll start the ironing now :shock:
  18. Well, FZRnick's bride to be is up for it, wat a spectacular way to celebrate one of the best day's of our lives

now we will need someone to custom make some white leathers (free for publicity)
    something to do with the hair (helmet hair may be a bit off)
    a date, time and location
    someone to inform the media of the above

oh s@#t this may well be getting out of hand

but still sounds like fun

and would expect upwards of 1500 bikes

the more the merrier!!!!!!!

just wat will my parents think?
  19. oh and we will need to notify guniess world records so they can do an official head count
  20. OK, let's get the ball rolling with some details
    We need the date and time and location so we can notify the Guinness people of the attempt on the record, and find out their requirements.

(EDIT) Just checked, registration can be made on-line but the whole process takes between 4 - 6 weeks.

If Vic or Jason (or anyone, really), has direct contact with the folks at Underdog, can that ball be set rolling?

I guess you will want your own hairdresser, but you need to find out if she/he can do the work on-site after the arrival at the church/place of ceremony.

Media? If Guiness sanction the attempt, that should be a given........

Photographers? Netrider has more shutter-bugs per square metre than a photographer's conference!!