Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Long weekend - State Forests Policing

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Thera, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Stated on 774 earlier this morning the police will be out in force on the trail bikes policing the state forests This long weekend. So keep it in mind.

2. Meh, they're just up for a good weekend out on the dirt themselves, I say.

Any word on what exactly they as supposed to be looking for?
  3. That's right kids. No picking the mushrooms this weekend.
  4. nothing other than they will be there i'm afraid. I would assume rec-reg, licences... usual crud.
  5. And making sure that they're sticking to the allowed tracks. That's a big issue, apparently.
  6. Last trip I had (that's just a little joke) all the mushroom pickers were centuries old Mediterranean women in black.

7. Or at least that is how you *thought* they looked ;)
  8. Got it in 1 Martin. Not just coppers either.
    Its our busiest weekend. Seasonal track closures start this weekend in most places.
  9. They said targetting offroad riders as aparently there is 3 collisions up there per week or something to that effect :shock:

No doubt the usual Rego and License checks, and just generally ensuring people aren't having fun safely on their weekend off.