Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] Loch-Poowong Road closed

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by arc, Sep 1, 2012.

1. I've put a red triangle where the road is closed, and it looks like it will be like that for quite some time. They appear to have dug the whole road away and part of the hillside too, huge excavators on site, totally impassable by vehicular traffic :( ...detours are shown in green.

2. Nah, do Poowong to Bena.
    Just watch some of the turns that have wooden bridges as you straighten up & that last decreasing radius corner after going under the bridge at Bena!
    Thanks for the heads up (y)
  3. Heard today that some "intrepid" souls felt that it was passable. Looked pretty damned serious to me: two earth movers totally barring the way, lunar craters on the sides of the road...YMMV.

4. WTF were they riding????
  5. They must've been on DR650s! :D
  6. Also the Nyora to Poowong Road has a few potholes too, and in terrible spots just after corners so be careful.
  7. Loch - Poowong Rd closed by a landslip according to the VicRoads web site.
  8. Hey A that's one of those pot holes I was telling you about, thought I was going to die when I saw it lol.
    Once they repair all the roads out that way that are stuffed beyond belief, I will venture out again, but until then **** that.