Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[vic] licence test tomorrow any tips

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by T4, Feb 21, 2006.

1. I'm going for my full licence test tomorrow at Ryde Tech.

If anyone has any tips or could tell me what it will be like that would be great.

I've heard it is based around your reflexes on a the bike.

There must be a few people out there who have done it before...ha ha.

Cheers Tom
  2. just listen and be relaxed. its alot easier than the L's.. good luck
  3. yeh just a lil counter steering, braking, and a big fat ass corner to turn ur bike around :grin: easy as bro :wink: jst stay relaxed and go with the flow :wink: trust me mate u could probly have about 20 cans and u would be far more relaxed and still pass :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Don't crash :shock:

Nah, seriously dood, they do test you on your reflexes.

Right countersteer, Left countersteer and 2 emergency stops.

As the big man said, listen, pay attention, concentrate and you'll cruise it in.

Good Luck
  5. If you've been riding a fair bit on your L's you'll have no problems, it is sooo easy.
  6. Thanks guys, makes me feel a little better. Bottle of wine to start should help...right?

I've done about 3500ks since i got my L's and try to ride every day. Its seems that the one thing that will keep me safe on the road is experience so i'm trying to get as much as i can. And hey, any excuse to ride is a good one.
  7. U will breeze it in mate :grin:

If your the nervous type, choose to be in the first lot
    to have the test first.

Its all over in a matter of minutes :wink:
  8. Good luck T4.
    Get some sleep.
    Enjoy the test and enjoy your bottle of plonk AFTER the test.
  9. geem mate the amount of people at my work going for there L's now is unbeleivable! its 8$ a day to park at my work or u can just ride ur bike in an park for free :LOL:
    we will rule the rds in years to come :grin: petrol prices, parking expenses, traffic conjestion gee i think u'l see alot more of the younger generation riding bikes in the near future! fcuk even me freakin father wants to get a bike now :LOL: haha how funky is that for an old bugga :LOL: :LOL:
    Anyway's mate goodluck tomorrow! :wink: take is easy and just stay upright and the results will come ur way at the end of the day :wink:
  10. Tips:
    • Don't be late.
    • Wear clean undies - what if you're hit by a bus?
    • A firm handshake shows that you're confident
    • Choose your helmet carefully. Blue and green should never be seen, except with a colour in between.
    • No-one likes a dobber. If another candidate goes outside the lines, keep your mouth shut.
    • Don't fidget. Keep your hands to yourself. And don't put them in your pockets (especially if you're wearing gloves).
  11. 1. Relax.
    2. Breathe.
    3. Reeelaaaaaax.

Seriously, just get yourself into the mood where it's just a bit of fun on a CB250 in a car park and you'll do it easily. Things only ever get iffy when you get nervous.
  12. You're a life saver, i nearly thought i'd wear a blue and green helmet...close one hey.
  13. FOCUS

:grin: :grin:
  14. Don't phark it up :p
  15. Is that it?

I'd have thought there would be more to it.

It doesn't seem to bad.
  16. get a good sleep, it's a looog day
  17. Its a piece of cake. Just don't try and anticipate with the counter-steering exercise and the lights (I assume they still do that bit). Just take deep breaths and relax, you can't ride a bike properly with tense arms. You have done lots of practice and you will be just fine. Good luck.
  18. Yeeehaaaa, got it
    The day went very well and we finished early too.

Thanks for your help, i think that made it a bit easier.

I got to use my bike aswell whiched helped alot.

All in all happy with the result.