Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Leaded petrol disposal?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by arc, May 5, 2010.

1. Can't seem to find anything on the net: I have ~50 litres of leaded fuel (in three jerry cans) which I'd like to get rid of. I'm in Richmond, Victoria if that helps.

FREE to a good home :D (I'm keeping the jerry cans though).

2. Get in touch with your local council - they'll put you onto their chemical disposal options.
  3. match?

or give it to someone with a lawnmower?
  4. +1 to using it in a lawn mower.

Another option is using it in a 2 stroke non-injected boat motor.

Neither of the above have catalytic convertors and both will run fine on leaded petrol.
  5. Fire.
  6. I think waste disposal places charge about $0.85 per litre to dispose of petrol.

Definitely use it up in an old mower or use it to make the best bonfire ever.
  7. +1 on match...
  8. There is a collection program run by the Vic gov, that once a month goes somewhere in Vic and you can bring ANY chemical to it free of charge. I did a thread about it years ago...
  9. How old is the petrol? There's plenty of old two stroke owners out there that might be able to make use of it.
  10. Hmmm... my '73 Mini Clubman would probably enjoy it... if only she was still registered...!!
  11. Have you got a link by any chance Rob? I've got a lot of old oil to get rid of!
  12. Swap you for a carton
  13. Beer, not smokes
  14. Arc will send you a pm about it.....i still have a an old 2 stroke mover and yep she will love it (y)
  15. The best place for you is the Kensington landfill/waste disposal. That's where I take my oil. You pour it into their waste oil collection thing. Search it mate or ring them up.
  16. Hah! I'd require a little more than that!

Considering selling actually.... but that discussion would take this thread WAAAYY off topic.
  17. Carton and a half, but you have to explain it to my misses.
  18. Thanks Rob. (y)
  19. It's now going to a good home. Thanks for all the pointers.