Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC]LAMS

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by twistngo, Jun 18, 2007.

1. hi, does anyone know what happened to LAMS in Vic? I had some vague idea we could expect it in the middle of this year but all is quiet.

2. why wait. Just get 10 fellow riders to chip in and rent a place in NSW for about 6 months use it for holidays ;).
    When over there at your residence obtain aNSW licence and get your bike of choice :).

3. Rumour says a politician is supposed to announce the program will be phased in over the next year or two, the announcement to be made at the motorcycle expo (october?).

Mind you, they've been rumouring LAMS in Vic for at least 5 years.

4. :?

For my sake, I hope it takes a little longer than October!

LAMS is bound to have some (even if it is only marginal) impact on resale values for 250s in VIC.

Hyosung already owes me about $500 or so. Maybe I should send a letter of demand. :p :LOL:

5. LAMs will not be seen for a loooong time. If they just adopted another state's laws and integrated it could be done in months, but fcuking government doesn't work that way, they will have commitees and sub groups, with community consultation, a bit of astrology and entrail readings. Then they will put in place the same laws in NSW, which they could have in a 1/4 of the time and 1/10 of the price. :roll: