Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Vic] Labor Loses Control of Upper House

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mjt57, Dec 12, 2006.

1. It appears that Labor's lost its control of the Upper House here in Victoria. This is due, no less, to the DLP, of all parties, taking two seats of the 40 seat Legislative Council. Labor has 19 seats. So it needs the support of 2 other MLCs in order to get Bills passed in the LC.

Now, this presents us, as motorcyclists, with an opportunity not seen since well before the Cain/Kirner years. Back then and until the 1999 election, the Liberals had control of the Upper House. Since then til today, it's been in ALP hands. Now, for the first time in a long time, no single party has a majority.

The next four years should prove very interesting indeed. Lobbying is a black art, if not a science. What we need are those with the smarts and the inside knowledge in order to curry favor with the incumbents. Anyone here want to step forward?

2. I've got a candidate, Martin. You!!!

Seriously, as my old comrades used to say, "You've got the vision, you've got the job."
  3. Yeah, but you haven't seen how thick my glasses are? Ever seen the Hubble telescope? Well, my lenses make it look like a pissy magnifying glass...