Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Intersection of Ferntree Gully Rd and Stud Rd

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by KLR Nirvana, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Truck overturned this morning in the centre of the intersection, ~SOAP~ all over the road ... "SLIPPERY AS"

Take it nice and easy passing through that intersection or making a turn there.

2. Isn't that typical, and not unexpected....trucks are always hooning around there trying to beat the right turn arrows....
  3. Well a truck that size tip?

Hmm lets see.

Unless a number of tyres blew or massive failure of suspension (highly unlikely)
    Turning too fast (speed! gawd, do I really want to sound like VicRoads?)
    Moderate speed but too much load to one side..
    Loose load so it moved to one side..

err, could go on but basically, a dumb ass mistake somewhere..

Couldn't help notice what appeard to be the driver with a howTF did that happen look....
    But I bet TAC will be hailing his lack of injuries to that vest he's wearing...lol
  4. Stud Rd, right into FTG Rd toward theftlink/ Oakleigh.....off camber....too hot in to beat the right turn arrow ( no greed camera to worry about this direction ).....almost guaranteed...

Attached Files:

5. Hey Joe - no wonder it was so slippery!!

When I saw the bubbles everywhere I assumed it was foam that had been put over some spilt fuel.

On the plus side, once the soap washes away that intersection will be "squeaky clean"! (y)

6. Ice racing anyone
  7. hahahaa! re simpsons pic. exactly what i thought of when i saw it :p
  8. I was riding too work shortly after this happened, was travelling along Ferntree Gully Road, and all traffic was diverted to Stud Road going toward Knox. Traffic was banked up for ages, thank goodness the lanes are so wide there. Don't you just love filtering :))
  9. Speed Spills

Doesnt have the same ring to it .

10. Took me an hour and a half to get from Dandenong to Vermont in the car.Missed my tee off time by 5 min but they let us in:) When I went past a couple of fireys were having a good laugh about something. There that many wallopers there in HWP vehicles I think the whole Knox area could have put the foot (or wrist) down.