Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Inflation strikes... Wheelies were $140, now $150

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Loz, Jul 5, 2007.

1. The universe decided to have a subtle dig at me for leaving my bike up on blocks in the garage for so long... Because I was nabbed for wheelying on the 1st July, my fine has been re-issued with an indexed increase of ten bucks.

...Which makes N*A*M's stunt day all the more economically viable. A whole day of wheeliez for $100, that's what I call a bulk discount!

2. At least they didn't impound the bike under the Hoon laws which technically speaking they probably could've.

S'pose it was quicker/easier to ticket you than stand around waiting for the tow truck to turn up to take away the bike.
  3. They were terrified at the idea of Loz flinging himself to the ground, drumming his heels, holding his breath till he was blue in the face and screaming "please don't take my baby away"... :LOL: :p
  4. At least is shows there are some police who can actually use discretion.
  5. Nah, they didn't impound it because they didn't want to have to look at it any longer. Same reason they didn't arrest me.