Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] High Country Ride, Sat May 17th

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, May 15, 2008.

1. Added to Calendar by: Sir Skuffy

Hi All,

A few of us are planning on spending an Autumn weekend in the High Country on the weekend of the 17th and 18th of May. The details of the ride are as follows:

Accommodation - At this stage we will be making Mansfield base camp. It will be...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Looks like a great ride - first I saw of it was the event email this morning, even though it was posted on the 9th? :?

If I could ride two up I would come, have a great weekend :)
  3. Wooohoooooo - The ride is finally up on the events Calender... :shock:

OK, here is the plan - Mansfield is base camp. :grin: Two nights. The group is currently riding to Mansfield after work today to have some fun and games tonight in town.... Great little town.....

We will be riding allllllll day saturday up Mt Buller, Whitfield and a few other runs in and around the area...... :cool:

Another fun night in Mansfield sautrday night and then home Sunday - after a morning ride ofcourse. :)

Accommodation -

For those that want to join us both nights or just saturday night - call me - 0418965034 - call me now :LOL: :p .

I will be trailering to mansfield after work today so I will be contactable..... :LOL: :eek: :grin: :cool:
    1). For those wanting to join us tonight we are staying in M
  4. I may be fooling myself but it looks like the weather is going to break-up :LOL:

In Lilydale at the moment and the first front which was supposed to bring rain was dark but DRY :cool: ..... The second front is the cold one, but it wont be rain where we are headed - it will probably SNOW :LOL: :p

5. Am now checking out the MtBuller weather conditions - looking more promising...

Rain at times
    Min 1°C
    Max 4°C

Cloudy,rain from mornng
    Min -5°C
    Max 4°C

Cloudy, morning showers
    Min -4°C
    Max 3°C

Showers from aftern'n
    Min 1°C
    Max 5°C [/b]
  6. Sorry cannot stop laughing and and picturing the weather they must be coping. Hasnt stopped raining here and the chill factor alone in suburbia is bad, let alone up there lol.

But in saying that hope they are having fun as thats what its all about.
  7. I hope that there is a ride report to come, if you guys get feeling back in your fingers.
  8. Hey all - Ride Report.

AMAZING weekend.... absolutely amazing...... :grin:

Friday night was spent drinking and having a terrific time with the locals......... Daniel also received a speeding ticket coming into Mansfield just as it started raining.... Poor guy......... :(

Slept in until about 9:00am due to the excessive drinking and singing the night before..... Woke mup to gloriously cold and wet conditions. Walked down to town for breakfast.... now that was amazing in itself.....

Now, for the best part...

Loaded up and went home..... :? :shock: :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. LOL.
    cbf with the rain?
    or im guessing that = ice, considering the cold?
    or your just getting soft these days Skuff? :p
    i needa head up them there hills sometime, yet to check em out :)