Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(VIC) Group dyno day

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by deafwish, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Anyone ever thought of holding a group dyno day?
    For instance, we could have a shop open specifically for us on a Saturday, pay the $20-$50 each, have a quick dyno run for each bike and have a BBQ aswell. We could even have little prizes for class winners and wooden spoon prizes. Good way to meet new people too!
    Just a thought, all. :)
    Daz. :wink:

2. it was done a little while ago at dynoverks (behid floyd parks kawasaki)

maybe another day could be organised through them
  3. If we got enough interest, might we be doing another dyno day, soon-ish?
    Daz. :wink:
  4. Dyno Days, definately a good idea. Basically, it is calibrating your bike to work better than factory and as it should.

Worth the money
  5. Problem is the last one was only a rolling Dyno. Doesn't do sh1t for your bikes performance.
  6. Vic is planning a spanner day which includes a dyno run for those that want it. Trawl through the events section or PM him for details.
  7. Dyno days are good for bragging rights. Generally you dont get your bike tuned at a Dyno day. I know, for example, Redwing charge $70 for a power run, and around $200 for a dyno tune. Big difference. Dynobike usually set up a tent at the Motorcycle expo and dyno bikes for free. I strapped the blade down last year and got a few printouts. 118hp at the rear wheel (should see around 125-130 once its jetted to suit my K&N and Yoshi).
  8. Be interesting to see how this works (inside or outside still) with the noise in the new location.
  9. They were strapping down 1500hp+ v8s at the holden/ford show a few years ago with no problems. They put a pipe of the exhaust and run it out the door.