Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] GOR Ride Sunday, Sun Apr 20th

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Added to Calendar by: Davo

A few of my work mates are doing the Great Ocean Road ride while we still have good warm weather.

Below is the Itinary, Copy and paste the address without the <> at the start and end. There is no time limit though we are leaving 1868 Dandenong Rd C...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. What time will you hit Geelong?. Say the first BP servo on the left after you cross the Rob Sergi bridge as you come into Geelong
  3. Dammit i have to work!
    I start at 11am so i doubt i'll make this one :(
  4. Well seeing that no one bothered to get back on times & locations etc etc etc I spose I could fill you all in on my little escape for the afternoon. Cranked up the dirty bike, stopped at the servo, nearly had a heart attack as the fuel pump clocked up $25 to top up the tank :shock: :shock: :shock: and I was off. All I can say is what a sensational day for a ride. A bit of traffic between Anglesea & Lorne but that just added to the fun by passing them all on the back wheel :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Caught up to 1/2 a dozen litre+ sport bikes just out of Lorne -including a new tri colour 1098. Anyone seen one of these in the flesh yet? Very very nice I must say. Had an absolute ball harrassing them for a bit before motoring on past right around the outside on some of those absolutely magnificent never ending sweepers along that stretch :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I reckon that is an absolutely sensational section of road even at a semi legal speed & never seem to get sick of it. Here's a tip -for the best fun you can ever have at semi legal speeds, I reckon everyone should try a motard at least once in their lives. Stopped for a drink & a bit of a yarn in Apollo bay with the crotch rockets before turning round & heading for home. Only saw one bike copper for the day so all was well :) :) Did I mention it was a ripper of a day for a ride? Cheers all. See ya's on the road. :) :)
  5. Yeah well if I had GOR on my doorstep then I would be carving it up every other weekend too Andy but =; , instead, I have St Andrew's, Kinglake and various other insundry spurs on my doostep.
    So while you were out harassing us litre+ boys, and shooting the chit on the seabreeze, I was doing my bit for peace and love baby, hanging with the hippies at the market, topped of with some badly needed mono practice(which I might add you dont need) with Loz,chef and Dan. All in all, a lovely day was had too :grin: And yes was it not, simply maginificent riding weather :cool:

P.S. yes I ve seen 3 or 4 of those Ducati's now and talk about elitism snobbery. Not 1 has even acknowledged my existence, as if the mighty Divy-on 2 occassions at lights and 1 on Bandido, didnt measure up to their ability to pony up tons of dow for their new penis extension. :roll:
  6. Whats the road around Lorne like since the road works?
  7. If your referring to the section just on the other side of Lorne, then its fkn tops!!! :)
  8. The new hotmix section from Cumberland river (I think) through to the lookout that I can never remember the name of is absolutely sensational :cool: :cool: Really really smooth now :cool: :cool: I always used to take it prettyeasy through there but now it's business as usual :LOL: :LOL: