Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Gippsland Ride (Sun 11th Feb)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by [FLUX], Feb 10, 2007.

1. Chatting to Ratty, Franky and Hakin last night at coffee, and we got to the topic of where to go on Sunday. We decided on Gippsland way, and thought to offer it up here as well.

Meet Point: Cranbourne McDonalds (Cnr Camms Rd and South Gippsland Hwy, Cranbourne)
    Meet Time: 9am
    Ride Departs: 9:30am (sharp)
    Ride Class: Level 4 (Experienced)
    Ride Length: ~450kms (full day)
    Ride Route: West & Central Gippsland (details on day)

If you're going to come, give a post here so we get a rough idea on numbers.

It'll be a fun full day. See you there!

2. Where from here (Lat. Val.) do you think you'll be around 1ish? I may be able to trot along for a while, family activities pending.

Also depends on the weather. Back tyre's shagged, so if it's a bit wet I may or may not venture out.
  3. i would love to tag along
  4. + 1 :grin:

Cheers ratty

5. gippy ride

we're in korumburra, if you plan on cruising through this way it would be great if we could tag along.......
    will keep eyes open for reply....
    Barn and Liz :grin:
  6. yeah, will or can there be a 2nd meet point out Leongatha or Korrumburra or Mirboo Nth direction if yooz are heading out that way? Or somewhere? If so, what time about? Even out Morwell, Traralgon way.
  7. Hey guys if it's not raining I will show up. [-o< [-o<
    If it is, I'm at home on the playstation. :cheeky:

So hopefully I will see ya all in the morning 8-[

Hakin :wink:
  8. Gippy ride

Weather permitting I,m in
    Cheers Paul
  9. Hmmm. Secondary meet points?

Any rain is meant to be clearing to the east as the day wears on, so what we'll probably do is head north in the morning, and loop around and come back down into Warragul.

Wasn't planning on actually going into either Korumburra or Leongatha, but rather bypass them on various roads.

Rough times for stops are:

Warragul: ~11:30am, refuel/drinks
    Mirboo Nth: ~12:45pm - Lunch/refuel
    Moe: ~3:30pm, refuel/drinks

Let me know what works for you Gippy guys, and we'll try to hook up. I don't know the towns terribly well, so if you pick a spot to meet, make it the corner of some major intersection, so we can easily find you.

PM me, and I'll give you my mobile.
  10. OK whats going on...doesn't look good

11. Playstation for me guys :driver:

Yeah I know :blah: :blah:

12. Thunder storm only finished half hr ago here
  13. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  14. Weather's still a bit heavy here too.

Looks like we'll call it off.

I might still head out later today, but it seems that the weather needs another 2-3 hrs to clear. I was hoping that it might clear earlier, but that's wasn't the case.
  15. mmmmmmmm, think I'll stay at home too. :( Unless the weather clears then I'm going for a quick ride. :)
  16. I am not far from Cranbourne PM or post if you go later
  17. Who rattled your chain :twisted: :blackeye: :?:

18. Rain, what rain?

Woke up 6:00am, thunder and lightning! no rain, got up 7:15am no thunder, no lightning and no rain. 8:15 leave home arrive Mc Donalds 9:00.First one here, good get aheads up on the route early still no rain! Waiting waiting waiting!! in the words of Lara Bingle " where the #@*& are you "
    The downside of living here is that I leave home a lot earlier than you do! and I checked the site at 7:55.
    Still shit happens, try again another day eh!
    Cheers Paul
  19. Crap. Sorry to hear about that oldman.

There was thunder, lightning, and rain over most of SE Melbourne right up until the 9am meet time. Didn't look good. Also the wind picked up heavily and hasn't stopped blowing a gale all day. Not the best day to be riding.

Next time eh?