Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Gembrook-Launching Place Rd

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by Maetrik, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Just after the sign indicating you've hit Hoddle's creek it goes down to 70 because you're passing a school. Adjacent to the school are massive chunks of asphalt heading towards Launching place that have come from god knows where, stretching about 100m down the road. Big enough that if you hit one, you'd lose the front end and more than likely crash, anyone hitting this road please be careful.

It's easy to spot but it was wet and greasy today so i was going pretty slow, if you were gunning it, it wouldn't be so easy to react in time.

Be safe.

2. Yes good post I was out today with my wife on the back ( just to slow me down ) from 11 to 2pm on that road from yarra junction to Launching place to gembrook and beaconsfield . and your right big time .

also the roads around there are very wet and covered in leaves. so take care
    the road from Emerald to Yellingbo though Macclesfield is also wet and slippery . tomorrow will be the same . ride safe

3. I enjoy riding that road, thanks for the heads up mate.