Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Flowerdale Ride, Sun Nov 16th

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Added to Calendar by: Stephen Bain

Flowerdale Ride
    Sunday 16th nov.
    This ride is organised by the Norton Owners Club VIC inc. and is approved under the club permit / red plate scheme.
    Start venue-Club Ringwood car park, cnr Maroondah hwy and Oban rd, Melway ref 50C4 Time 9.30 meet. ...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. I'll be doing this with some mates, then heading off for a further ride. I suspect it might be worth taking a cut lunch to Flowerdale! (ie long lines at lunch - has anybody been in previous years and can comment?) Leaving cnr Farraday and Lygon st, Carlton (outside Country Road) 9.20am sharp, if anybody wants to join us to the meet point.
  3. I went along to this, with my work mate who has an old BSA rocket 3. It was an awsome ride around all those roads! Heaps of cool old bikes there, nortons, bsa, triumph, etc and quite alot of kawasaki's too, as well as a lot of newer bikes.

Was a bit cold though until the sun came out!
  4. I went along. When it came time to leave, I kicked my SR500 over and she started, and as I got my gear on, she stalled. Then, she wouldn't start. This is common as she's so out of tune as to foul the plugf to the point of needing a new one, about once a week when ridden regularly. I always carry spares, but my attempt to buy a new plug that morning failed. After about forty minutes trying to buy a plug I got on the road but everybody was so far gone my mate and I took the same route but stopped and had lunch in King Lake (where a Matchless rider, SR500 Club member, and second-removed prior owner and rebuilder of my GR650 - all the same person(!), came past and said Hi). Got down to Flowerdale some time later, having passed about a dozen seperate bikes from teh group returning to Melbourne. Still plenty of bikes around, notably a very nice Velocette single, a 1925 Norton, a fabulous white Norton 850 with electric start (that's right, electric start!!), and a few Vincent Black Shadows, plus a thousand other Commandos and Triumph twins. Did you see the red BSA-styled SR? He's from my Club. And the Z1000 six cylinder?

Later on my bike died in the arse near Yea, and is still in the care of RACV! :cry: I thought I'd done something to top gear, like busted metal, but have been informed that it's probably just the bike not coping with the sprocket change from standard 16/44 to 17/41. I hope so!
  5. Dude! sorry to hear about all your bad luck with your bike that day.

Yep, I did see that 6 cylinder kawasaki, thats a big engined bike! I also saw it was fuel injected! Was that the same bike? Anyway, pretty radical stuff for the 1970's

I was on my VTR, the thing ran great out there and back, I had no problem keeping up with my mates rocket 3 too. Im still learning to ride, so was good to keep some practice on those windy roads.

That old norton 1925 was crazy, it had exposed valve gear! Can't believe he rode it there!

Did you see the indian police bike 'chips' with the siren blazing? that was pretty cool :cool: You may have missed it as he left after lunch I think.