Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(VIC) Esplanade, Mt Martha to Safety Beach

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by moto2, Aug 16, 2010.

1. For those that like a quick trip to Arthurs Seat you will have to find another way to get there.

Going by the first pic the Esplanade could be closed for a while.

Attached Files:

2. Did all those roads last weekend and thankfully avoided all this.
  3. Is that a landslide??
    Very busy road so they'll fix it quite quick I'd say.
  4. went through there on Saturday. Most of the road is open, its just one end that they have blocked off, closure starts from the final left hander. Apart from that the speed limit still remains 100 for most of it (y)
  5. Err..... 100?? I don't think so...... pretty sure it's only 80kph along there unless the locals have their way wanting a drop to 60..
  6. I think it has been 60kp/h for a while. The last 18mths since I've had my bike anyway.
  7. ooops we have both been speeding Joe. its actually only 60k's on that road:LOL:
    Then again i dont usually look at my speedo or for road speed signs, i tend to ride to the conditions and focus on my surroundings(y)
  8. it's always been 60..but you cant believe everything you read..right?
  9. The roads look good & safe enough to easily do 80+
  10. Oops, could have swarn it's 80..... oh well, what's 20 or so between mates..... hey bumby.
  11. yeah it is 60 and it will take a while for them to fix it.
  12. its all fixed now, has been for a couple of weeks.