Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] EPA Noise Tester, Tidd Bros. Spotswood

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by TheRuss, Jul 31, 2010.

1. I just wanted to give these guys a quick plug, as I popped down recently for a (voluntary) noise test after installing my new muffler.

Tidd Bros. Exhausts
    (03) 9391 4277
    90 Hudson Rd, Spotswood.

Anyone in the west who gets an EPA letter and needs a compliance certificate should give Fred Sharp a call, he's a top bloke who did me a solid and stuck the noise meter on my bike for free in return for a plug here in the forum. I now know whether or not I'll need to return to stock if a nasty letter does come (In this case it was just a test, no compliance certificate required).

If you do go down there for his service, make sure you mention Netrider - If enough people drop the site name he might even consider a future partner offer/discount for all members. ;)
  2. So if he tested it and you were over would he report it or was this just a noise test and even if you were over it was for your piece of mind?
    did he test it in accordance to epa testing requirements? Is he a certified epa tester?
  3. As per Thera's link, I found him through the EPA site's list because I just wanted a piece of mind test, but he is certified. The particular noise reading he did for me was not set up to full EPA specs for certification (because I didn't want a certificate and I wasn't paying the full fee), so it wasn't technically an EPA test.