Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Eltham - Yarra Glen Rd Sun Arvo 16th Jan

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by joetdm, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Top section just out of Yarra Glen was closed yesterday with road users sent on a detour that wasn't exactly motorcycle friendly...

Not sure if it's now cleared but something noobs wouldn't probably like to come accross....

I was heading towards Yarra Glen and at the top just before the descent, was made to turn left up this steep, fairly narrow and GRAVEL section.
    But worst part was dust caused by vehicles in both directions making visibility pretty bad..

After the detour, had a chuckle when I saw a few cruisers heading back that way. I'm sure they would had some fun!

Then I thought, oh well, in the gravel state of mind so headed to Healesville to Mt Donna via that gravel to the top.
  2. Was open saturday morning, although I did cross a little 'river' over the road that was flowing pretty good.