Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Eastside Movie Night - I am Legend, Tue Jan 15th

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Added to Calendar by: Black Betty

Tue Aug 28th, 2007

What: I am Legend movie
    When: Tues 15th January
    Where: Chirnside Park

7.15pm session

Readings Cinema
    Cnr Maroondah Hwy & Kimberley Drive
    Chirnside Park

Mel 37 F5

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. 6pm Quick Bite @ pizza rest (next door to cinema)
    9pm Coffee & Dessert (or real food if need be)

3. Have seen this movie, anyone considering, go and see it.. :grin:
  4. If anyone has seen the old movie Omega Man by Charlton Heston, this is a re-make, down to some of the scenes. I won't spoil it for people, but this is one for the testosterone charged teenage males to bring their dates to :)
  5. Will it still be at the movies in 8 months time??

6. Haha too right. I saw it last night. Was a couple sitting next to me, the girl was so scared she was practically in the guys lap :LOL:
  7. I hate to spoil the party but I saw this last Sat and without doubt it's the worst movie I have seen in 5 years I reckon.

There are a couple of scary bits but thats all.

The acting is dreadfull (even the dog outdoes Smith)

The story is pathetic (concept is ok)

The camera work is poor and a lot is done in front of a green screen and its obvious.

The ghost thing starring John Cusak the other week (cant remember the name) was much better except for the wierd ending.

Just my reviews. :wink:
  8. I didn't think it was such a bad movie at all. Maybe you are just to old :p
  9. Maybe :LOL:

I think I expected less from the dog and more from Smith :LOL:
  10. I'd have to agree with 2Wagain's review; I saw the first half and thought that it had been filmed in slow-motion; I mean, nothing happens......

There was an 'Omega man' type film, even before the Charlton Heston effort. On Rod Serling's "Twiglight Zone", back in the later 50s, there was an episode about a man being hunted by aliens because, as it turned out he was carrying within his body the genetic code, or something like that, for the entire human race, and if they could kill him, they could kill humanity.

I don't remember how it ended cos I got sent to bed :LOL:.
  11. :p

Thanks for that Mark - Tues 15th January 2008 folks :)
  12. i endevour to be there :grin:

dunno if i will be conscious through the movie though, its looking like a 750km day for me again tuesday, think i'll be coming down from canberra if i can get hold of Tess...

otherwise i have no idea where im staying monday night! :grin:
    did i mention work 6am-4pm wednesday :LOL:

13. That was a movie starring Vincent Price called the "Last Man On Earth". All are based on the book "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson which is my favourite book, way better than any of the movies and it was written in 1954. All zombie movies are direct descendents of this terrific book. If you like to read and get a chance, you should check it out.

Sorry about the history lesson everyone but like I said it's my favourite book.
  14. You're young - you can handle it :p
  15. Well, I saw it Thursday night and I actually thought Will Smith did a bloody good job. Most of the time it's just him... and the camera is right in his face... IMO he did a great job.

...I just thought the movie ended a bit upbruptly (sp?!)... and I also got a bit pissed off that one of the "dark seekers" seemed to be getting wily and cluey but we never got to find out how or why...

Anyway... enjoy the movie :)
  16. sweet got this one locked in for a girl tomorrow night. gooo team!
  17. :?:
  18. I agree with Robsalvv

It was a good movie, except the end seemed rushed. But worth seeing in a cinema instead of DVD

Enjoy it
  19. Will be there.... :)
  20. due to lack of interest

Movie Night has been CANCELLED

'Cos the weathers so good I'm going for a ride - leaving around lunchtime.
    Anyone care to accompany, shoot me a PM :)