Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Double demerit points over easter???

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by slickncghia, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Is there this year? cause I got flashed in the city last night.

dont know what speed i was doing. was driving really sedatley. A mate left his indicator on for ages so i did a little accelerate to pull next to him to signal and FLASH. worst possible time :(

Anyway I did a search around after a mate suggested it might be but havent been able to find anything.

Thanks Guys
  2. yup.every long weekend... :cry:
  3. AFAIK, it's only a NSW thing.
  4. no mention anywhere on the vicroads site!
  5. I heard a news item at 4:00pm here stating that Police were saying that the DD regime was the reason there had been no fatalities so far on NSW roads. Quite how they make that correlation is beyond me :roll:.
  6. Yeah i know and theres nothing on the vic police site. even in this easter driving media release

however my mate said he heard something about it on the news :eek:hno:
  7. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/01/05/2132316.htm

8. hmmm they canned it over the chrissy period. dosent say about easter but thats a good sign.

Victorian police have ruled out introducing double demerit points to try to reduce the number of road deaths over the Christmas-New Year period.

has anyone heard anything on the news
  9. Every public holiday and associated weekend here in the west.
  10. No double demerits in Victoria.