Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC]Don't be a d!ckhead campaign.

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by fekkinell, Mar 29, 2010.

1.  Top
  2. Who are they goin' to get to play the part of God?

(kitten may or may not be killed)

3. Are they for real?
    What a joke those ads are.

4. It's too late - the dickheads are making the ads... ](*,)

5. I'm all for VicRoads to encourage people not to talk on mobile phones when driving and calling them dickheads for doing so but those ads just don't make any sense.

6. Have they been taking pointers from the ones that did the small penis "no one thinks big of you" ad?

Talk about creativity....

7. Gotta be a gee up... No way prickroads can be serious with this...

8. + 1

That really spun me out. What are they trying to tell us there?

9. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/29/2858955.htm

This seems to go a little way towards explaining it. They're trying to appeal to the young'uns using totally rad fully sick pop lingo dude. Or something. :?

...and since when is there such a thing as a 'Respect Minister' (like they can tell you, rather than earn it) and even then, why pick the ever dodgy Justin Madden?

WTF is going on here?

:tantrum:

10. all I heard was distanced government desperate to appeal to youth using gen-Y catchwords.
    and I quote, "blah blah blah, blah blah EMO blah blah. blah blah FACEBOOK blah. Blah, blah blah blah."

Speaking of tits-on-bull government initiativies, I tried to take the I Promise pledge today.
    But I hit a snag-

"The Pledge
    I promise to help save lives by driving responsibly and safely every time I take to the road.
    I accept that my actions can influence how safe our roads can be and make the following pledges to protect my own life, my family's and those of all road users:
    I promise not to speed
    I promise not to drink drive
    I promise not to drive fatigued
    I promise to wear a seatbelt
    I promise not to use a mobile phone while driving"

as you can plainly see, it's only car-drivers being targeted. so as a cynical, edgy-cool motorcyclist I've created my own promise.

"I promise to remain disgusted at news media so desperate for hyped up headlines that they keep using the flawed "Road Toll" term. Perhaps if they switched to more rational terms like "total road users per deaths" or "total kilometres driven per deaths" I could take them and their road-safety initiatives more seriously in future."

11. I promise not to have sex before marriage.

Yeah, that worked well in the states didnt it.

12.  Top
  13. Wha... How can such an official organisation churn out such crap?? :tantrum:

Its too early for april fools?

14. Oh FFS. We just realised that we know the guy who's in most of those ads. ](*,)

15. Hahah yep.

16. I can't wait for the

" if you drink and drive, you're a c&$@. "

;)

17. I f****ingg hate swearing, bunch of c****ss

18. Eh?

Do you know him too? :-s

19. The chick in the gingers get fresh one really does not look like she is enjoying herself. Perhaps the real message is that you should not be a d!ckhead and learn how to properly take care of your lady.

Just an idea.

20. I hate those sexist ads - and they are sexist -- how come they never had a "Voluminous Vagina" one for women