Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Don Rd; partially sealed/non-sealed

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by FZRSpock, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Gday.
    Does anyone know if the Don Rd (between Launching Place and Healesville) is sealed or not?
    Fair play for a road bike?
    Ta.

2. Some of it is and the top section (closer to Healesville) isn't and can be nasty depending on how much traffic it's had, or how much rain it's had. The section that IS tarred is not brilliant in surface either......

(Observations based on living there for three years, and riding same road in September last year....)

{Conditions apply, no correspondence will be entered into, please make sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement, etc etc....}

3. I did this road last year in rain. Lots of gravel on the healesville side but can be done at high speed (relatively).

Coming out launching place got a gravel puncture abount 7mm in size :evil:

4. thanks for that.
    i was just looking for a way to link together a couple of my favourite rides:
    the newish sealed stretch between gembrook and launching place, and of course, da black spur. might give it a crack on a good day.