Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Deyago's Fire and Ice BBQ, Sat Jul 15th

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by deyago, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Deyago's Fire and Ice BBQ

Think you can handle hot do you? Like it when it burns on the way out? Eat jalapinos on weetbix? Can't fart near a naked flame for fear of major burns? Ok then!

For those of you who made it to last year's little shindig you'll remember two things. 1-it was pretty bloody cold away from the fires. 2- There was mucho hot food and Steve is a bloody decent cook, even if he does say so himself :wink: :p :LOL: .

So although I risk being turfed out of Melbourne's social elite due to boring repetition, I'm doing it again. Steve the maestro cook will be whipping up some arse-toasting delights while I man the flames on Colosus, the five-burner BBQ. There might be tequila shots :grin:

So, it's not all relaxing and fun, here's what you need to do: You bring dead cow, pig, lamb or chicken to sacrifice to the winter spirits, warming beverage of choice and good conversation. The more competetive of you are welcome and encouraged to take on the West Sieeede's own Iron Chef Steve in a battle of the Heat. A no holds barred flame-fest, an imoliatation of the imagination, a jocular joining of the jalapinos! In other words, a hot food cook off! :grin:

The Iron Chef Steve swept all before him with four dishes last year, including one curry dish that included banana. As sick as that sounds it tasted sh1t hot and felt...well you get the idea. His suicide wings had the faint of heart stopping after one and reaching for the ice water.

So that's the general idea, Firey Food, Icy Weather and a BBQ. :demon:

What? A food feast of flavoursome feisty fun.

When? Saturday July 15 from 5ish or whenever.

Where? Casa Del Jake at the new and improved West Sieeeede location (PM for details). Ample bike parking within the walls, mucho car parking out front. Pretty limited sleeping arangements but if you bring it you can crash and expect fresh coffee and a sore head.

Who? You, me and drunk people.

Why? Ahhh well here's the important bit (if you got this far!). This is my very own, newly bought home and I want to celebrate it in typical loud and friendly style. Join me to christen the one and only Casa Del Jake, palace of the West Sieeeede. :grin:

*Before* some delete happy mod gets carried away, I've already posted this in the events calender. This is the thread to see who's coming and who's taking on Iron Chef Steve. Boo Ya!

2. Yeah baby: I'm there. :cool:

3. I'm looking forward to pressing your doorbell.

Keepin' it real, D.

4. Ill be there.... onlyif we can dunk the gnome again .... and only if Rafiki doesnt try and root your dog...... :p

(Oh,..... I can only eat Gluten and wheat free food please - i will make a hot gluten free curry as well)

G

5. Re: Deyago's Fire and Ice BBQ

Yeehar!! Will bring the mexican hats again!

I guess that means I should start steeping the chillis in the Hose Cuervo tequila again? You should see my chilli bush, it's full of chilli and they're HOT HOT HOT! :LOL:

Does this mean you want my kick-ass guacamole again too?

:grin:

Cheers,

Ree

6. Added to Calendar by: Deyago

This is not a Netrider event, this is a Deyago event!

It's about that time again so here we go.

For those of you who remember last year's little shindig, it's more of the same. I provide house, music and public nudity. Steve will be cooking food...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

7. Re: Deyago's Fire and Ice BBQ

Next time ensure you wait until the calendar entry is approved first, otherwise you duplicate topics and your non-calendar topic will likely be removed instead of merged.

8. Re: Deyago's Fire and Ice BBQ

Yes Dad :) . So you dragging your gimpy arse over with that foxy wife of yours? Has Sarah had the bubs yet? Still riding her bike? :p

9. Oops. I've just been reminded that I'm booked somewhere else that night.
    It was such a blast last year that I responded out of reflex.
    My spirit will be there... :)

10. hey jake.. sounds good man.. ill ne along this year for sure... will PM you closer tot he date for address, or talk to you if you make it to a coffee nite.

11. I've heard so many colourful stories from Deyagos last gathering that I couldn't wait for this one to happen ........... but alas, I already have a prior engagement :(
    Going to try my darndest to get there after - am sure it will still be rocking :)

12. Thats unless he runs out of gas / firewood and we drink the place dry again like last time :twisted:

AH the memorys ? at least i think they are memorys?? of 3 of us Jake/Boogie and myself @ 3am fighting over that last can of "tiger ale" and then realising that the gas had run out in the heater as well!
    So no heat + no alcamahole = well then spose we go and crash :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh and if 'Chairmans "patrick" is coming will someone pls reasure him IM NOT THAT BAD :LOL: :p ( i dont want a repete of him running inside in shear terror yelling and i quote " Dad..... Bob's here ! "

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

13. Sounds like crackin fun...count me in...wahay...

Havent seen you guys in AGES so looking forward to practising my 'aussie' after the last time hehe...

Cant wait...xox

14. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp!!!

That's right smack bang in the middle of my solo sabbatical bike ride to Adelaide and back the long way.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!

I will sacrifice a bug or two along the way to the motorcycling gods for you and ensure I eat something hot and spicy on the day.

By the way Jake, check out https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21414 and get yo arse on one of those dates.

Have a blast.

:)

15. Damn and tarnation, I am Mrs Scumbag will also have to be late arrivals, prior engagements and all. As long as the nudie run has not been and gone before we get there it will be all good.

:):):)

16. AAWWWW......JAKE..............

I will be in Melb. that weekend, but I have to catch the ferry back that night. I will pop round real early..prolly WWAAYY before the real fun starts, but oh well...I'll enjoy the company that is there for about an hour!!

17. I'll be there early with ya chicky - lets start the way we mean to go on...except your riding your bike back arent you - ok....well I will be dribbling idiot on my own hehe...

18. :LOL: :LOL:
    Hey hon...I trust you and I will be catching up for coffee and ppll watching on the Sat.. :grin:
    Unfortunately I will be riding my bike on Sat night, so no dribbling idiot......
    Fri night, however...is another story!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers everybody... :grin:

19. Lmao... :grin:

I have a party for us to go to on the Friday night too...should be a wicked couple of days :twisted:

Been missing my Friday night partner in crime.... :grin: :cry: :grin:

20. OK, with all the Iron Chef references, let me continue the bad jokes...

Nearly a year ago, a man's fantasy became reality in a form never seen before - Casa Del Jake - a giant beer drinking area with ample motorcycle parking and one wild dog. The motivation for spending his fortune to create Casa Del Jake was to encounter new, original one-liners which could be called true alcholic creations.

To realize his dream, he started choosing the top drinkers of various styles of motorcycling, and he named his men the Iron Guts, the invincible men of riding and drinking skill.

Iron Gut Hypersports is the always dodgy VTRBob, Iron Gut European is Scumbag, Iron Gut Cruiser is the Boogieman, and Iron Gut 250 is still passed out in the rosebushes.

Casa Del Jake is the forum where Iron Guts await the challenges of master rider-drinkers from all over the state.

Both the Iron Guts and thier challengers have one evening to tackle the theme drink of the day. Using all their senses, skills, creativity, they're to prepare original one liners never heard before. And if ever a challenger wins over the Iron Guts, He or she will gain online bragging rights for as long as people remember.

Every battle, reputations are on the line at Casa Del jake, where master drinkers pit their artistic creations against each other. What inspiration will today's challenger bring, and how will the Iron Guts fight back? The heat will be on!