Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Day ride down Great Ocean Road, Wed Mar 28th

Discussion in 'VIC' started by ForumBot, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: Bluesuede

Day ride down the GOR to Apollo Bay. Meet at Shell servo on West Gate Fwy city side immediately before West Gate bridge 9am-9:30.

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Hey Bluesuede...I'm right to do this. :grin: Will meetcha in the morning at the Shell. :grin:
  3. Excellent - look forward to seeing you there!
  4. I will know for sure later today whether I will be coming on this ride, as I live in Hoppers Crossing I would prefer to meet up with you somewhere on the way through rather than riding toward town in peak hour.

Will let you know later today.
  5. Peak hour! Oh crap...forgot about that stuff. Better leave earlier then, better I.

Is the Burnley tunnel going to be closed? Does this mean I have to go via Dandenong/Caulfield/Chadstone/past Albert Park area? Dunno the name of the rd.

Hopper...hope you can do it. :)
  6. Rosie, if you are coming from PI the Domain tunnel (East - West) is open so you will have no probs.
  7. Oh ta Hopper. :grin: I think I got my tunnels mixed up. :?
  8. Man dont you people have jobs :shock: as much as would LURVE to be riding GOR Wednesday with you guys, too many people will whinge if I dont turn up to work :cry:
  9. No job atm movin. :( I am studying to be a librarian though. :grin: Stuff all work in this area for wannabe librarians :(
  10. ok...I am looking about 90% chance at this stage. Assuming that you are running straight down the highway from the Westgate meet point, is it possible to meet up at the freeway service centre just before Avalon/Lara, I think it is a BP (bloody big - can't miss it). I figure you will be coming past there at around 10am.
  11. Yeah if you want to catch us at that point, I'm happy to pull in there along the way - if you can let us know Tuesday night whether its a definite or not though, that way we aren't pulling in for someone who isn't going to be there :wink:
  12. Gotta use up annual leave at some point, and a bike trip down the GOR seemed as good a reason as any to me! :grin:
  13. Hey, this sounds like a good plan.

Is it still a 9-9:30am meet, or earlier now?

14. It's still that time VapourLock - It's me who'll be leaving earlier (coming from PI) to battle peak hour traffic on a motorbike (yikies!) to get to the Shell in time.

Hope to see you there!
  15. Are we still on for tomorrow? Looks like Hopper's giving it a miss, due to the weather report.

I'm still in though. See ya/yas at the Shell. :grin:
  16. I'm still good for tomorrow. I'll need to be careful though... my tires don't have a lot of tread left on them. :roll:

(They're getting replaced Thursday, good news there. :) )
  17. yeah...count me out guys.. :cry: ..no wet weather gear and don't think it will be fun with the weather closing in....

take care ...and have a great ride...
  18. No probs - maybe next time Hopper. :)

Vapourlock - I sent you a pm with my mob no. See you tomorrow morning. :)
  19. Weather

Western: (where you are headed...)

Rosie, Bluesuade, Vapourlock...take care out there !
  20. Ta Hopper. Will do. If the weather's shite we can always turn around and go home.