Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Cnr City road and Montague Streets - Port Melbourne

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by BitSar, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Turning left here:
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=ci...d=NfOI8xcG94G3nXtJoSsIlQ&cbp=12,57.6,,0,19.63

There is a large, badly repaired pothole, just off the apex. (not in this street view)
    Take a wide line through this corner as it WILL unsettle the bike - I had a near low-side here last week.

Keep those tires on the black top (y)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Update - 03/11/2011

Pot hole still not repaired and SIGNIFICANTLY worse.
    Size and depth of pot-hole increased - loose gravel and debris on the outside edge towards center of road.
    Even wider line required.

3. If anyone has an iPhone and the app SnapSendSolve, I find this quite useful for getting councils to take action on stuff in their patch.

4. Has anybody called the Vicroads traffic hazard line?

13 11 70.

5. I have not personally contacted them - although the spot has been "marked" with the usual council yellow spot paint to indicate it has been registered.......

6. UPDATE - 2012-12-15

This patch has been fixed and all is well again - proceed with normal cornering :D