Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC - (CBD)] Resolved Thanks MVRog

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Thera, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Long story, made short. over Christmas an occy strap commited suicide by jumping onto my chain. Hence I need to replace Front Sprocket, and Chain. I am heading in to get a new sprocket and chain(did x-ring on sale at PS 50% off). Anyone able to help me out with the installation? I don't have a lot of space to work in, but I have a garage space, and an array of tools(well more open/ring-ended spanners and some sockets, etc. no torque wrench)

OFC the bike is a hyo gt250r '08 model.
  2. You'll probably need a chain tool & grinder. When were you thinking of doing this?
  3. unfortunately I work Saturday through to Tuesday. So weekends are undoable. I can be available anytime Friday. Or wed-Fri next week.

OFC sooner the better for me but I know its new years, I'll have the old chain off, and the new Sprocket installed by tonight. I don't have a grinder, or chain tool.
  4. Are you replacing with an endless chain?.

I'm too lazy and use split links, have done for 35 years without mishap.

My FZR 1000 has a split link so it won't be a problem on a 250.

Anyway, I'm free Fri 2/1/9 if you need a hand.

PM me if you like.

5. All fixed(Though Temp untill I get the sprockets done at a shop) Thanks MVrog. enjoy the bottle

can a mod close this thread.
  6. Pleasure. Be sure to get those sprockets. Yesterday will be soon enough.