Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Black Spur short ride, Mon Jan 28th

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Added to Calendar by: Shane Schmidt

Any bikes welcome, intermediate ride. We're looking at heading up to Alexandra through black spur, over to Yea and down Melba Hwy back to town or possibly extend route. Route plan will be finalized on the day dependent on bike capacities and riders.

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. I would be interested in this, seeing as the only other ride on monday is a 250cc only ride. But I can't read the rest of the event.
    Do we have a meetup point and a time? Is anyone else interested?

3. I'm there :)

4. ride update

hey all, yea sorry for the short notice - I wasn't really planning a ride then it sort of came about last minute.

I will attach the proposed route shortly, not sure yet if we'll go north from Marysville to Alexandra and through Yea or if we'll stick with the map - we can always decide on the way or if some people want to do their own thing then that's cool as well.

We welcome any riders but be aware that parts of the ride are a bit technical, so just take it easy in some of the corners.

Meet at Intyre Motorcycles, 646 Nicholson Street, Fitzroy North at 9:00am, we'll depart at 9:30.

5. Proposed Route Map

Okay, we're still not sure if we'll head north from Marysville and up to Alexandra/Yea, and we'll likely not decide until tomorrow morning or when we get to Marysville, but have a look at map here.

Route Map:- http://tinyurl.com/2leh7m

6. Your ride appears to have been removed from the Event Calendar. Did oyu read the Ts & Cs before posting? Someone must think you did something wrong.

7. MEETING PLACE & TIME

I just noticed that the ride has been removed from the Calendar, it's not cancelled it's just that I edited it a bit late and they removed it.

so just to confirm,

MEETING PLACE: Intyre Motorcycles, 646 Nicholson St, Fitzroy North (a mate of mine's shop)
    MEETING TIME: 9:00am
    RIDE DEPARTS: 9:30am

8. Nope, I should have read the T's & C's first. I edited the post to insert the proposed route map, and because it went in as a new post it was rejected as "too short of notice". It's okay though, it's still posted in here.

Next time I'll make sure to be more prepared, but as I mentioned this one sort of came about last minute.

Cheers!

9. Only four people ... you definately need more notice next time. Either way, as long as the weather holds out ... I'm there.

*edit* Sorry ... just realised I can join the Mornington Penninsula Ride ... and it's something I have not done before ...

10. Yea, that's cool. It's only a joy ride not really an event. I just thought that since i was heading out with a couple friends that we'd let anyone else know they're welcome to come along.

We might start doing organised rides soon though, put them up about 2-4 weeks in advance. So if we don't see you tomorrow we'll see you next time!

Cheers!

11. Well I'm still coming. :)

12. Thanks for organising the ride, it was great fun! Despite our friends' little mishap - I hope you guys are okay now - I had a really great day. Though after seeing the accident I was a bit frazzled and took the rest of Reefton very cautiously.

Thank you to the boys for waiting for me after I negotiated my very first ride around the Reefton Spur. It was the most challenging piece of road I've ridden on thus far, but very fun and very rewarding at the end.

After a lunch in Marysville I was more relaxed and was able to enjoy the Black Spur.

It was a pleasure meeting you all and I look forward to more rides with you blokes. ;)

aV1xCfIJ.
    The remaining three at Healesville...

~frecklz aka Erin ~

13. Hey Erin glad you came and had a good time. Thanks also to Brad, Nathan, Collette and Andrew for coming along. Nathan & Collette - hope you're both feeling better soon and back on two wheels in the near future!

Keep an eye out for us posting new organised rides soon (promise to give more notice this time!)

Cheers,

Shane. :biker:

14. Thanks to Shane for organising a great ride through some of our best motorcycling roads. It was nice to meet some new faces and get to ride with what will hopefully become regular attendees at future NR rides.

Was great to meet at Andrew's shop, where we were greeted with the generosity of a lovely hot coffee, thanx Tat (I hope I got the name right!!). Andrew made us feel very welcome, and I wish him and Tat all the best for the future at Intyre Motorcycles.

I hope Nathan & Collette are doing fine too, and that the pain wasn't too much to bear the day after! We all look forward to seeing you again soon...

And then there was Erin, her and her lovely SV650 mixing it with us guys on our big thumpers, first time on Reefton for Erin and what a great job she did. One of the more challenging roads out there and you conquered it with ease, well done!!! Shame the Black Spur was full of 4WD, boats/caravans, etc, then again it's to be expected on a long weekend.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone for a fantastic day and hope to do it all again sometime (well not quite ALL!).

Brad.

15. Aw you sweetie, thanks. :)

And yes I double that about the friendly faces at Intyre Motorcycles. Tatiana even cleaned my visor for me - such a doll! I didn't feel nearly as nervous as I usually am walking up to a bunch of scary looking bikies. :p

Can't wait for the next ride!

~~~~vroom

16. Seems like an awesome ride and a group of friendly riders. When is the next Spur attack?

17. hey hey, attack of the 954's... ___ :biker: ___ sounds good.

Hopefully we'll be back out there within the next 2-3 weeks. How comfortable are you on the big bike now? What were you riding before?

18. Have to be honest with you, I haven't been riding for that long. Picked up the bike before Chrismas. I got my full license and everything for sometime but haven't really had a chance to own a bike. Therefore, this 954 is pretty much my first bike. The experience has been good except for the insane acceleration :grin: . I've been going to the Thursday night NR ride and have no drama keeping up with the group. But again, riding in the Spur is a complete different ball game.

Is this a group of highly advanced riders? I'd probably be riding right towards the back if you guys don't mind me tagging along and hopefully learn a few things from you guys :) .

19. Rider experience is pretty mixed really - I find that the people who haven't been riding as long are more careful and usually ride a whole lot safer - it's usually the ones that have been riding for a longer time that take more risks and have the occasional mishap. I'd encourage you to come along really, we would stop before the spur for a quick break, then I would suggest you just take it easy through the spur itself. Reefton is the really tight bit, black spur isn't as bad.

Weekends are really the only time I get to ride, even then it's probably every second weekend or so, so I like to try to make it a good one. I'll let you know next time we do this ride for sure.

Cheers.