Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(Vic) Black Spur - Healsville

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Benno, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Well, what can I say? This is an AWESOME stretch of road. Rainforest on both sides, and twisties to boot! This is probably a run NOT for novice's, but I'd reccommend you ride it through slowly first, to learn the road.

They've recently fixed it up, as previously it had LOTS of pot holes from logging trucks, but definitely a fun ride. Just need to get back to Melb to ride it again :LOL:
  2. I only ever use the Black spur to get to somewhere better.
    It is these days always busy, yes the surface is new and grippy but still a dangerous piece of road. Tin tops drive to slow, Logging trucks drive to fast and can't keep the trucks on the correct side of the road. Just scary. ](*,)

I always take this road with caution as you just don't know whats coming around the corner towards you. I have seen and heard too many horror stories about this road.
    Please be careful with it and be aware. :shock:
  3. I recently been there, im a novice and enjoyed every min of it, next time i will go a bit slower through it as there was times i was on the wrong side of the road going into corners, but loved it ...... If you havnt tried it, TRY IT .... Damo
  4. You're travelling it at the wrong times then.
  5. If you can afford the luxury, the Black Spur can be uncrowded during the week as opposed to the weekend. On occasion, I have had a 4wd pull over to let me pass. Very courteous... :D