Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Arthur's seat and Flinders, Mon Apr 17th

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Added to Calendar by: pnut

Need to get out for a ride.

Meet point: Mobil servo at the end of the Frankston fwy.

Time: 10:15..10:30 departure.

All my favorite little twisty roads from Mornington to Arthurs seat to Flinders to Rye and around that area.

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.

2. Sounds like a good one Im in see ya there in the morning :cool:

3. I will be there , I may have to leave early . se you in the morning .

4. Well bom says it should be a nice day. And after a nice one today most of the rubish should have been moved off the road by tomorrow.

5. we going through flinders at all?

6. Have a good ride guys...take it easy and have fun :grin:

Sorry I'm in Geelong tomorrow so won't be able to make this one :)...will see you at coffee instead pnut

7. is that the servo just before super cheap , bunnings ect ?

8. Its the one rite at the end of the freeway
    The one with the subway restaurant

9. You lot will need to make it clear which servo you're talking about, as there are 3 near the intersection of the Frankston Fwy and Cranbourne Rd.

Heading south on the Fwy, at the intersection turn left and there is a Mobil servo there, but it does not have a Subway attached to it.

If you went straight through the intersection and did not turn left there is a very large servo on the far side corner which you would turn left into (this used to be another Mobil, but it's a different brand now).

The servo with a Subway attached is opposite Bunnings on the northbound side.

If it isn't clear which one you're all talking about, you'll get people waiting at each one.

I'd recommend meeting at the very large servo on the southern side of the Frankston Fwy/Cranbourne Rd intersection (southbound side). This is the only one of the 3 that will have you pointing in the right direction to head to Arthur's Seat (and it has a cafe attached I think).

10. Thanks for clearing that up mate :grin:
    When did they change it all cause I know the subway used to be in the old mobil across the mooroduc from the cemetary?

11. That one was rebuilt and changed over around the same time they built the shops and Bunnings on that strip. Around 4-5 years ago.

12. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Typical Netrider people. Unable to figure it out . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

13. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: shes cool just trying to confuse everyone :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

14. Not real hard to do that in here dude :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :biker:

15. ah well such is life [-o<
    catch ya tommorrow :beer:

16. Shame I'm working tomorrow or I'd be there as well.

:(

17. working on Easter monday that sucks mate

18. The meeting point is a bit confusing. By my reckoning the Frankston Fwy ends at Cranbourne Rd so I reckon it's the Mobil servo right on the corner of Cranbourne Rd the and where the Fwy ends... I'll be waiting there.

19. I think pnut meant this servo

20. The Mobil is actually on the northern-eastern corner of that intersection. That map has placed the location as the large servo (formerly Mobil, now a different brand) on the South-eastern corner.