Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC area - woodspoint and beyond

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Sir Skuffy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Hey all

Thinking of doing a ride this sunday and monday. I was planning on heading towards Woodspoint via the Reefton.

So, Warburton, Reefton - turn right at the top and then heads to WoodsPoint and Traralgon etc..... Are the roads on this area Tarred?

I have been on so many roads and so many rides I forget where I have and have not been.

Thanks in advance
  2. no it's unsealed and rough :)
  3. yep..reefton area to woods point is dirt and rough as guts, mate..

4. OK - thanks fellas.

Will need to think of another route.

So, what is a great country pub for a Sunday night??????
  5. Noojee pub!!! it's about an hour from warbutton. fantastic little pub, and nice roads too!
  6. Thanks for the advise on Noojee.

Problem is, the pub closes at 8:00pm.... :(
  7. I should be doing a run over the top in a few weeks, last run up to woods point was in a blizzard, quite something, the snow soo rocks... I will using the motard set up so i will let you know how it goes,
  8. Cumberland Junction (top of Reefton) to Woods Point has about 30kms of gravel initially, followed by another 30kms or so of sealed road, then another 20kms of gravel for which Woods Point is in that section, then some small sealed patches, then another 30kms of gravel before you get back to sealed roads again.