Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] Alber Rd, Beaconsfield Upper

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' at netrider.net.au started by oz-riley, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Alber Rd in Beaconsfield Upper was resurfaced yesterday with Hot Melt, and at the moment is slippery as at the minute. :stop:

For anyone who does the EPIC Uncle ride, this is between the small roundabout at Foote Rd and the Bus Stop at Stoney Creek Rd, where Adam hides while Corner Marking.

Just be careful when coming from Harkaway Rd end, as you can hit that roundabout fairly hot and the resurfacing starts about 10 feet after the roundabout so it is hard to see.

I came though yesterday in my Land Cruiser and was skating all over the place, saw a guy coming the other way on a Hayabusa doing about 10km/h and still skating and wobbling all over the place. :LOL:

I would give this road a miss for a few weeks until they finish the road works and Street Sweep the excess gravel and Hot Melt away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Thanks for the heads up!

3. Rode thru from both direction today. Surface was very nice, didn't push it but didn't feel the bike move about at all using the usual lines for all corners.