Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[VIC] 18 year old possible Darwin award contender

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by robsalvv, Jul 23, 2008.

1. The article doesn't read well, but an 18 yo ran out onto the freeway to play "chicken" and got struck by a Hilux... the collision wrote off the Hi lux. This is a clearly bright lad.

Man critical after playing chicken in his underwear

July 23, 2008 01:14pm

A TEENAGER remains in intensive care in a critical condition after he was hit by a 4WD while playing 'chicken' on a freeway last night.

The 18-year-old South Morang man is in the Royal Melbourne Hospital after he was struck by a Toyota Hilux on the Tullamarine Freeway near Flemington just before 1.30am.

He had been playing "chicken'' on the freeway on ramp as a dare, when he was hit by the 4WD police said.

The driver of the van, a 31-year-old man from Hillside, was taken to hospital and treated for shock.

Metropolitan Ambulance Service city team manager Shaun Columbine told 3AW radio the driver was extremely distressed by the incident.

“It was totally unexpected," said Mr Columbine. "He was on his way home from work in the middle of the night and the young man’s run out on a dare in front of his car.

"He was in quite an emotionally distressed state and was lucky not to sustain injuries himself."

His passenger, a 61-year-old woman, escaped injury.

The vehicle was written-off by the force of the collision, police said.

Mr Columbine said the 18-year-old was unconscious when paramedics arrived at the scene.

They sedated him and immobilised his spine, before rushing him to the Royal Melbourne Hospital.

He also had a serious head injury and a broken arm, Mr Columbine said.

Police say they are dismayed at the "utter stupidity'' of the 18-year-old and say it was lucky nobody was killed.
  2. #2 TonyE, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

Even Top Gear had trouble when they deliberately tried to write off a Hi lux.

He must have a head made from solid concrete...
  3. #3 booga, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    That would explain why he was out there in the first place :?
  4. I heard the original police report this morning. Apparently the driver was devastated that someone was so seriously hurt, even though it was in no way his fault.

No, where's Scruby? I am sure he could make this the drivers fault somehow!
  5. All I can say is, I hope the driver of the Hilux and the passenger are able to get over the emotional pain quickly.
    Hopefully the other fcukwit will have a slow, painful death.

Regards, Andrew.
  6. That's very true. Some permanant emotional scars there.
  7. A little self rightous and over the top, serious dude some young bloke was having a laugh and it went wrong.

Here's hoping he has a full recovery. :)

8. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :shock: :roll:

Nup, don't see it as funny. Darwin 1, Dumb kid 0. Next!
  9. It proves what I have been saying for years.

"You don't have to pay full price, to meet a deadshit"
  10. :?

I may be wrong, but on the radio report it said the young guy was naked, and to be playing "chicken" with a 4WD at freeway speeds, you're not having fun, you're a F'Wit...
    Just another example of natural gene selection really... :roll:

I personally dont 'hope' he dies, but I hope he's learnt that metal is harder than skin...
  11. you know, I lived in Crested Butte, CO for 5 years and knew a bunch of Aussie kids, and they were all crazy bastards too! Something in the water down there?
  12. You lived in a place called Crested Butte and you think we're crazy? :LOL:
  13. I do personally hope he recovers, well, enough so that they can charge him with something. Stupid prick. :roll:
  14. Well as someone was hurt, its obvious...

...The driver was speeding :roll:
  15. The driver wasnt obviously driving to the conditions.....

He should have know an idiot was about to run out onto hte road.

I do hope he makes a full recovery though...slow and painful, but full.
  16. And the rest of us in Vic through TAC will cough up for years to come for this shithead :twisted:
  17. Couldnta been. Nobody's dead :grin: .