Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vholder for $350?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by boy.racer, Jul 15, 2010.

1. I've been hunting around for a vholder camera at a reasonable price for some time, and the best deal I've found was $350 at Bike Depot on Kent St (Syd), and that was after a bit of haggling.

Deal or no deal?

2. Do you mean the original Vholdr? I have one, bought it when it first came out, but now there are newer versions... ContourHD etc. I would get one of them, not the original. Regardless, probably cheaper from the US.
  3. ^^ agreed. there's heaps on ebay cheaper than 350 delivered
  4. Nah, it was a contourHD :)

I ended up buying it that arvo, the quality is friggin awesome!

I thought about ebay, but I really dont like buying stuff off the net so not brave enough (I have yet to catch up with the 21st century).

Thanks for the replies guys!
  5. Pro tip; the included sticky pad is rubbish. Go buy yourself some of the really sticky 3M double sided tape and cut a few peices to size and use that. Its heaps better.
  6. Thanks for the hint, the guy at the shop gave me similar advice, but missing the 3M recommendation.

Bloody battery won't stay put though, gotta find a way to keep it locked in place so that bumps won't upset it and kill the footage.
  7. that would be faulty then, take it back
  8. Isn't the battery in a sealed compartment/area. You slide it in and then shut the rubber/plastic "lid" thing?
  9. Yep, but it has room to move within the compartment so it'll pop out at times.

****...don't really want to take it back now, but its bloody hard to fix something this small with gaffer tape.