Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VFR800F suspension

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by maurice, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Hi,
    just after some general advice re the rear suspension spring preload on my 2015 VFR800F.

The rear suspension spring preload is a dial, and IIRC the factory setting is 7.
    I've not adjusted this, as it feels nice. I'm heavier than the average rider, though (it's all muscles, mostly :), so I'm wondering if I should increase the spring load to harden it up?

Also, I'm about to take my first pillion on this bike. Generally speaking would I "harden it up" (please remain calm) for a pillion?

2. Typically the mid-point setting is designed for the "standard" 70kg rider inclusive of gear.If you weigh more than this, you should increase pre load.

Again if the combined weight of you, your pillion and your gear exceeds70 kg( I am guessing it just might) you should dial up your pre-load.

There are plenty of YouTube vids to show how. But with a pillion it is likely to be pretty much all the way.

3. Cheers. Combined total weight will be about 160kg. I'll harden it tomorrow and take it for a solo ride, to see how it feels.

4.  Top
  5.  Top