Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VFR800 Streetfighter

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by rc36, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Bought the latest copy of Rapid today. There's a feature on a VFR800 Streetfighter built by Ludovic Lazareth. Glyn Kerr spends a lot of time in the latest AMCN whining about Lazareth and his styling, complaining that he steals ideas from other designers.

That's as may be, but I thought that this effort was sensational.

What's your opinion?

2. Kinda looks like lego bits.. I don't think I could fall in love with it and want to buy it.. But it could grow on me maybe :?:

3. Looks similar to a modified KTM Super Duke IMHO.
    Pretty tough for a VFR though!
  4. looks comfy :shock:

i'm not a big fan of that short high tail and nuts against the tank thing so it doesn't really appeal. looks like a couple of decent ideas, but pics not the best. full credit to anyone that modifies a bike away from its stock look tho :D
  5. it looks, err, dodgy

great mag that Rapid though
  6. Yeah....

I'll take a Triton over that I think.
  7. That's Wicked! I love it, it's got a mean look about it!
  8. Looks like there are some essential bits missing, sorta...like a frame?
    Or the swingarm? (Can't really see the other side..., but looks like it's been replaced with some sorta curved-pipe construction).
  9. I like the minimalist aesthetic.

The space between the rear wheel and the seat make the bike look structurally weak though. I'd have the exhaust go up at an angle and use a conventional silencer.

Though, it's a shame the engine doesn't have the front cylinders more horizontal... you know, like a Ducati :D
  10. Looks pretty stupid, nice brakes though.
  11. Hmm you haven't seen my VFR yet... though 5 years in making it is still not there... but almost!
  12. Will be picking up a copy of Rapid tomorrow after seeing this.
    In a post-modern-anti-minimalist-minimalism way it rocks!
  13. I got lost after the first 'post', but I think I know what you mean.........
  14. I love it!
  15. Yes
    This is what a VFR should have looked like straight of the showroom floor :!:
  16. I'm sure I've seen this before... was it in another mag? Or has this edition of Rapid been out for a while?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I like the look, but wouldn't buy one.
  17. Aug/Sept 2005 issue.
    Eye-kun-reed. ;)
  18. Is that what happens to rabid VFR's that kill protected Kangaroo's? :)
  19. I wouldn't know, ask marty

20. Yep, I'm with the lego comment. ew.