Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VFR800 Servicing Costs

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bugjuice88, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Not sure if this is right forum but:

To those who own VFR800s both VTEC and Pre-VTEC how much have you paid for servicing costs? Both minor and major services.

I had previously read that a 24000km service with valve checking/adjustment for a VTEC model was only $450. Is this correct? If so what is everyone complaining about?

2. VTEC VFR800 are a pain in the ass to service and take around 7 to 8 hours to do properly. Not a cheap service to do at all.
  3. It's only when the valves need adjusting that they are a pain and expensive. It takes about thirty minutes just to get to the bloody heads. I seriously wonder if it would be easier to just pull the whole motor out. Think it's closer to $750 than $450 from a shop. Or could be less as a deal from Honda I am not sure.
    I would have the twenty thou valve service done. And then again at fifty, and not again till the hundred or more. Unless I could feel or hear it was out.
    Doing the filter by hand is a pain because the headers get in the road. But otherwise a minor service is about two hours ride in ride out.
    I've had worse to service and a lot that are better. You would think it would be easier from a bike that was meant to be so well engineered