Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VFR800 muffler sound

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by tonee, Jan 2, 2012.

1. I've got a set of Staintunes installed and have noticed the RHS pipe is louder than the LHS pipe. Has anyone else picked that up?

2. are they new? they shou;d provide an equal sound I would think. did they come with removable baffles? and yes that may sound like a stupid question but seeing as my pipes [not staintunes] have removables I thought I'd ask, have you spoken to the guys that installed and or supplied them?

well blow me down with a feather!!!
  3. Yeah it is with most pipes on the viffer. The R/H one is a strait run, well relatively to the left one which has to snake around.
  4. Ahh I thought so, but still! Didn't think it'd make that much of a difference.

@Goddie the baffles are removed and they've been on the bike for about 4 months now
  5. VFR with Staintunes= one of the best sounds out of a PTW!! (I had one once, stupid me sold it).