Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VFR Q's and A's

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by rengel, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Lads,

I went riding on the weekend on the new Viffer,which was amazing.
    The only thing I noticed that slightly annoyed me, was my riding position on the bike.. I seem to sitting quite 'upright'.
    I know its a tourer, but I've sat on other Viffer's and the handlebar position feels a lot more 'aggressive' (leaning forward more, etc).

Can this be modified on the handle bars with those two 'screws' to point the handle-bars further away from the tank, therefore making you reach more for the bars and forcing you to lie on the tank a bit more, or is that for something else?

I had a bit of a heart-attack when I noticed the bike dribble a bit of liquid on the ground after some rides, but I noticed there were 3 tubes coming out of the faring at the moment (right underneath the centre of the faring) which is for excess coolant, etc. (as the bike was brand new when I bought it,this could have been from overfilling, etc).

I'm keen to get rid of that rear fender too, and relocate the rego sticker/holder to the side of the bike, maybe I'll take it down to a honda dealer and they can do it for me!

Saw plenty of riders down Calder freeway on Sunday.. ;)