Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

vespa px brake lights.

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by V3SPA, Oct 17, 2006.

1. does the px have a light for the front brake?

2. hmmm, not sure if i'm off on the wrong tangent here but...

if your asking if the brake light comes on when you apply the front brake, then surely the answer has to be yes. Now i dont know for sure but i would assume that it would be a basic ADR that the brake light comes on when either or both brakes are applied. It just seems logical to me.

The brake light certainly comes on when i apply either brake on my bike and the same happens on my ATV and did on all my scoots.

3. GERMAN IMPORT

thanks for the reply.

its a german import, i found out it doesnt have the switch or electrics for a front brake.

Im gonna have to rig a switch and xtra bulb for the front brake lever. shouldnt be too hard but very fiddly.

i thought that it should have been standard on it....

4. i'd be surprised if you could register a bike (or car for that matter) without the brake light showing like that.

german import hey. How did you come to a PX from Germany? :) and why? :)

5. It depends on the age of the bike and the original design.
    Many classic bikes don't have front brake switches.

Neither my Lambretta or my CJ750 have a brake light switch for the front brake nor were they designed like that.

They are literally rear brake lights, that is, lights for the rear brake. :twisted:

6. Mine is a 98 and there's a switch in the headset that lights up the tailbrake light when I use the front brake.