Folks; It seems to me that a certain number of you around here are in the same field of work as I. And seeing as I've been scratching my head over this for a fair while now, I figure its time to start canvassing other peoples experiences. Never hurt anyone, and you never know, we might all just learn something Over the past few months I've been experiencing a loss of DNS records from my forward lookup zone. At this stage it seems to be restricted to Hostnames (A) only. Touch wood. Frequency of ~3 p/m that I've noticed. So far, nothing major has dissapeared, just printers, a few switches and PCs, so this could be happening more frequently than I know about. I have not noticed any repeat offenders, nor have I noticed a correlation between patch application and issues. The netowrk is fairly large, 8 nameservers in all, all of which are DCs. As of now, there are 1545 records o) These machines are running a funbag mix of 2k3 and 2k. Scavenging is off, Dynamic updates is set to secure only. Go forth, and scour your wealth of knowledge for the answer! Cheers guys!